LogTrade Ship is using templates when creating Shipments. When you press on dropdown lists, the templates will be visible and you can select one of them. This means before you can start using LogTrade Ship you need to set up some templates. Only users with system administrator permissions can create templates, but all users can use them.
Templates are setup in the Ship section of the LogTrade settings portal, https://settings.logtrade.info.
Consignee address Templates
When creating a shipment using LogTrade Ship, you select Who the recipient is. When pressing on the dropdown button there will be a list with predefined recipient templates. This list presents the recipients created as a Consignor template. So to add recipients you must go to the settings portal and create a consignee address template.
- Go to Ship, Consignee to define recipient templates.
2. Click ADD to create a new recipient template.
Fill in the template id (template name) field, VAT number of recipient, and address and contact information as needed. Click SAVE and the new template is stored in the list.
Consignor address Templates
LogTrade Ship also user consignor templates to select the pickup address.
- Go to Ship, Consignor templates to define sender templates.
2. Click ADD to create a new sender template.
Fill in the template id (template name) field, VAT number of sender, and address and contact information as needed. Click SAVE and the new template is stored in the list.
When creating a shipment by using LogTrade Ship you select 'How do you want it to be shipped'. When pressing on the dropdown button there will be a list of shipments alternatives. This list presents the alternatives created as Shipment templates.
So to add a Shipment alternative you must go to the settings portal, Ship section, Shipment templates, and create the Shipment template.
Fill in the following information:
- Template id (template name) and optional comment
- What carrier should be used for shipments using this sender template
- What carrier product (e.g. parcel or pallet) shall be used
- The consignor (pickup) address
- Additional shipping services (e.g. email notifications)
Click SAVE and the new template is stored in the list.
Then creating a shipment by using QR-Codes in LogTrade Ship you select 'What do you want to ship'. When pressing on the dropdown button there will be a list of Articles. If the article is missing, you can add it by pressing the 'Plus' and fill in the form.
But you can also create and edit the articles from the settings portal.
- In the settings portal, go to Ship, Articles to define shipment templates.
- To add a new Article, press 'Add'
- Fill in the Article information
- Press 'CREATE'
- To edit an existing Article, press the 'three-point' on the Article line and then select 'Edit'
- Make the change and then press 'SAVE'
To Delete any template, press the 'three-points' on the template in the list, and then select 'Delete'
Confirm by press 'OK'